Recipe: Perfect Rice Salad with Tomatoes, Shimeji Mushrooms, and Watercress
Rice Salad with Tomatoes, Shimeji Mushrooms, and Watercress. Shimeji mushrooms I can find in Sydney do not look the same as those in Japan. Japanese shimeji mushrooms have brownish caps while There are different species of shimeji mushrooms and sometimes you find a bunch of mushrooms with much whiter caps labelled as shimeji mushrooms. The Best Shimeji Mushroom Recipes on Yummly
Place rice in a pot, add the Super Easy Rice Cooker Tomato Rice w/ Chicken Recipe 电饭锅番茄鸡饭 Multi-cooker. From soups, stews, noodles, salads to rice bowls, Shimeji mushrooms are widely used in Japanese cuisine. When selecting shimeji mushrooms, look for the ones that feel firm to the touch and are free of bruises or blemishes. You can have Rice Salad with Tomatoes, Shimeji Mushrooms, and Watercress using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rice Salad with Tomatoes, Shimeji Mushrooms, and Watercress
- It’s 2 tsp of Kombu garlic olive oil (See step 1).
- You need 1/3 of Onion.
- Prepare 30 grams of Shimeji mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sake.
- It’s 1 tsp of Black vinegar.
- You need 1 1/2 of bowls' worth Hot cooked white rice.
- You need 2 of Cherry tomatoes.
- You need 1 tsp of Miso.
- You need 1 of Salt.
- You need 1 of Coarsely ground black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 1/2 of stalks Watercress.
- You need 1 of Toasted sesame seeds.
Stay away from those that are starting to release moisture or look wilted. Notes: Shimeji mushrooms are available at larger Asian supermarkets. Toasted rice powder can be purchased from a Asian grocery store or prepared at home. All you have to do is toasting some raw long grain rice in a dry skillet over low heat, stirring constantly, until the rice kernels are turning light.
Rice Salad with Tomatoes, Shimeji Mushrooms, and Watercress step by step
- Finely shred some kombu left over from making dashi stock. Add some grated garlic, and a portion of olive oil that is equal that of the other ingredients. Combine and set aside..
- Select the small caps of shimeji mushrooms and shred with your hands..
- Add 1 teaspoon of the kombu-garlic mixture, and 1 teaspoon of the olive oil from Step 1 and add to a frying pan. Turn the heat to medium..
- Mince the onion and add it to the pan to sweat..
- When the onion becomes transparent, add the sake and cook briefly..
- Remove the ingredients from the frying pan and put them in a bowl. Add the black vinegar, and mix well..
- Add the rice to the bowl. Roughly mince the cherry tomatoes and add them as well..
- Stir in the miso, and season with salt and pepper. Lastly, add the soy sauce, and adjust the flavor to your liking..
- Add the toasted sesame seeds and chopped watercress. Gently mix everything together..
- Serve the rice salad up in small dishes, and you are finished..
- The recipe makes enough for 3 servings as a side dish. You want to use a small dish, like you might use to serve gelatin or pudding..
- If you would rather serve this as part of the main dish, it will make about 1.5 servings..
Brown Butter Gnocchi, Baby Taro, Tomatoes, Shimeji Mushrooms & Watercress with Shiitake Consommé I always like doing an ambitious dish because it's fun and I get to spend the whole day cooking. Yesterday was really ambitious because I made three things; the cauliflower-kale soup, used. Whisk together the balsamic vinegar, vegetable oil, sugar, salt, and pepper in a bowl; add the tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, and basil; toss until evenly coated. Tomato rice recipe – South Indian style delicious, flavorful & spicy one pot tomato rice.