How to Cook Delicious Cauliflower & Arugula Salad
Cauliflower & Arugula Salad. An entire head of cauliflower roasted with butter, garlic, and herbs. A beautiful and delicious way to serve cauliflower. Can substitute low-fat butter for butter.
Cauliflower is one of several vegetables in the species Brassica oleracea in the genus Brassica, which is in the Brassicaceae (or Mustard) family. It is an annual plant that reproduces by seed. Typically, only the head is eaten – the edible white flesh sometimes called "curd" (with a similar appearance to cheese curd). You can cook Cauliflower & Arugula Salad using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cauliflower & Arugula Salad
- You need 1 of cauliflower head.
- Prepare 1 cup of arugula.
- You need 1/4 cup of thinly sliced red onion.
- Prepare 1 cup of cooked quinoa.
- You need of For dressing:.
- It’s 5 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 of whole juice and zest of a lemon.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt & pepper.
The cauliflower head is composed of a white inflorescence meristem. Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable that looks like a white version of its cousin, broccoli. Like broccoli, the tightly bunched florets of cauliflower are connected by a thick core, often with a. Cauliflower has gone from a trusted side dish to the superhero of low-carb replacements and everything in between.
Cauliflower & Arugula Salad step by step
- Cook quinoa as per package instructions (I did 1:2 ratio of quinoa and water).
- Place cut and separated cauliflower sprouts in a steamer for 5-10 min until softened.
- Slice red onion in thin strips.
- In the mean time, mix in dressing ingredients in a small bowl to add later.
- Once everything is cooked, toss together in a large bowl. Add the dressing and you’re done!.
Get our best cauliflower recipes, from basic roasted cauliflower to cauliflower. Cauliflower is a member of the cruciferous vegetables family — also known as the Brassica oleracea family — along with broccoli, cabbage, kale, Brussels sprouts and some other less common varieties. Cauliflower is an extremely healthy vegetable that's a significant source of nutrients. It also contains unique plant compounds that may reduce the risk of several diseases, including heart disease. Like all vegetables, cauliflower is a carbohydrate.