Recipe: Tasty Tomato Basil Bruschetta
Tomato Basil Bruschetta. As the water is heating make shallow cuts in a cross pattern at the tip ends of the tomatoes (this will make the tomatoes easier to peel). Then gently peel off the tomato skins. Cut out the stem base with a paring knife.
Bruschetta is an easy Italian appetizer made with bread that is grilled then rubbed with cloves of garlic. It is often topped with olive oil, juicy and bright tomatoes, and fresh basil leaves. Nothing says summer more than a tomato Bruschetta! You can have Tomato Basil Bruschetta using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tomato Basil Bruschetta
- It’s 1 large of Tomato.
- It’s 1 loaf of French bread.
- It’s 1 pinch of basil.
- Prepare 1/2 can of Tomato puree.
- It’s 1 pinch of Monterey Jack cheese.
- Prepare 1 pinch of sea salt.
- Prepare 1 dash of Olive oil.
- You need 1 of Shallot (julienned).
Add the tomatoes to a serving bowl with chopped basil leaves, thinly sliced red onion, extra virgin olive oil and a dash of white wine vinegar. Season to perfection and give it all a toss to combine the lovely flavours. Allow the tomatoes to sit at room temperature whilst you prepare the bread. In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, basil, red onions, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper; set aside.
Tomato Basil Bruschetta instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice French baguette into slices. Place on a baking sheet with aluminum foil rubbed with olive oil (to prevent sticking).
- Coat each slice of bread with olive oil, and top with tomatoes (small diceed), a pinch of shallot, and a sprinkle of basil..
- Lightly season with sea salt and finish with cheese.
- Add to oven and cook for approximately 6 minutes, or until lightly browned and crisp.
In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, pimientos, chopped basil, vinegar, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper flakes and pepper; stir in cheese. Place a whole basil leaf on each slice of toast bread. Whisk together chopped garlic, vinegar, salt, pepper, and basil. When combined slowly drizzle in oil. Meanwhile back at the bat cave, toast the bread.