Easiest Way to Cook Tasty Chicken Confit Big Mac
Chicken Confit Big Mac. You can use fat like duck fat, goose fat or you can also use. Confit is the act of preserving or slow-cooking meat in fat. Our version uses olive oil for an extremely juicy chicken and a nice crispy skin.
Pull the chicken from the oil when it's done, and allow it to chill uncovered in the refrigerator until you're ready to crisp it up in a hot pan while the potatoes roast unattended in the oven. Or mix some shredded chicken confit with buffalo sauce, top with refreshing coleslaw and you've got a sandwich or sliders for lunch. Or try one of my favorite creations: Whole wheat BBQ Place the thighs into a roasting pan large enough to hold all the chicken, but not so big you can't cover it with oil. You can cook Chicken Confit Big Mac using 22 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Confit Big Mac
- You need of Chicken Confit:.
- You need 2 of Chicken Thighs Boneless with Skin on,.
- It’s 1 TSP of Dried Thyme,.
- Prepare 1 TSP of Dried Rosemary,.
- Prepare 1/2 TBSP of Sea Salt,.
- You need Pinch of White Pepper,.
- Prepare 3 Cloves of Garlic,.
- You need of Bay Leaf Break Into 2.
- You need of Canola / Peanut / Vegetable Oil, For Confit.
- Prepare of White Wine Sauce:.
- It’s 2 TBSP of Unsalted Butter,.
- You need 4 of Shallots Finely Minced,.
- You need 500 ml of White Wine Preferably Sauvignon Blanc,.
- You need 300 ml of Homemade Vegetable Stock,.
- Prepare of Big Mac:.
- Prepare 2 of Big Mac Style Burger Buns,.
- It’s 2 TBSP of Parmigiano Reggiano Freshly Grated,.
- Prepare 4 TBSP of Gruyere Freshly Shredded,.
- You need 2 TBSP of Kewpie Mayo,.
- You need 2 TBSP of Tomato Ketchup,.
- You need 1 TBSP of English Mustard,.
- It’s Pinch of Nori Flakes,.
The chicken confit can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one month. Impress family and friends with Crisp Chicken Confit. Making confit–the ultra-slow transformation of raw meat into rich, crisp-skinned succulence–ranks as one of her favorite methods, and it works for duck or rabbit too. Jasinski prefers to use duck or chicken fat for the confit, but easier-to-find lard or a.
Chicken Confit Big Mac step by step
- Pls visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/single-post/2019/09/12/Vegetable-Stock for the vegetable stock recipe..
- Pls visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/single-post/2019/08/26/Burger-Buns for the burger buns recipe..
- Prepare chicken confit. Slice each chicken thigh into halves. Rub and coat the chicken thighs well with dried thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper. Transfer the chicken onto a shallow bowl. Add in garlic and bay leaf..
- Cover with cling film and marinade in fridge for at least 12 hours to 24 hours. After marinating, preheat oven to 120 degrees celsius or 250 fahrenheit. Rinse the chicken thoroughly under running water to remove most of the salt. *Discard the rest of the marinade except for the garlic.*.
- Transfer the chicken into a casserole. Add in the garlic and just enuff oil to submerge the chicken. Cover the casserole tightly with aluminium foil. Wack into the oven and bake for at least 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until the chicken is tender and almost fall apart..
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool completely. *This can keep in fridge for up to a month.* *Do not discard the garlic nor the oil as they are needed for the remaining recipes.* After the chicken has cooled, in a skillet over medium heat, drizzle in 2 TBSP of the chicken confit oil..
- Gently place in the chicken skin side down. *Careful as the oil may splatter.* Sear until golden brown. Flip, tilt the skillet and baste the chicken with the liquid..
- Remove from heat and set aside to allow the chicken to rest. Repeat the steps for the remaining chicken..
- Prepare the white wine sauce. In the same skillet over medium heat, add in the butter and another 2 TBSP of chicken confit oil. As soon as the butter start to melt, add in shallots. Saute until translucent..
- Remember the garlic from the confit? Squeeze the garlic out from it's skin and add into the skillet. Using the back of a spatula, press to form a paste. Saute until aromatic. Add in white wine and deglaze the skillet..
- Flambe the white wine with an igniter gun or a blow torch. *Be very careful when doing this.* Bring it up to a simmer and reduce to almost half. Add in vegetable stock..
- Bring it up to a simmer and reduce to almost half. Final taste and adjust for seasonings with salt and pepper. As soon as it coats the back of a spoon, it is done. Remove from heat and set aside..
- Assemble the big mac. Preheat oven to broil. Transfer the chicken on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, skin side down. Add the cheeses onto the chicken..
- Wack into the oven and broil until the cheeses have melted. *If there is any juices or liquid, add it into the white wine sauce.* Slice the burger buns into 3 tier layers. Brush each side with the confit oil..
- Toast in a skillet until lightly browned. In a bowl, add mayo, ketchup and mustard. Mix until well combined. Spread the mayo sauce onto the bottom tier..
- Top it with the chicken confit. Spread the mayo sauce onto the 2nd tier. Place the 2nd tier layer on top of the chicken. Place another slice of chicken confit onto the 2nd tier..
- Ladle the white wine sauce over the burger. Sprinkle some nori flakes over the top. Lastly spread the mayo mixture onto the top tier. Finish the burger with the top tier. Slice and serve immediately..
See more ideas about Chicken confit, Chicken, Confit recipes. Making confit–the ultra-slow transformation of raw meat into rich, crisp-skinned succulence–ranks as one of her favorite methods, and it works for duck or rabbit too. Slow Cooker Chicken Confit: I remember the days when the word "confit" was a rare treat I could only order at a fancy restaurant. Luckily, my never-ending culinary curiosity led me to research how to make my own confit at home. Impress guests with these crispy Confit chicken wings.