Recipe: Yummy Dark Royal Blue Velvet Cake
Dark Royal Blue Velvet Cake. To get the royal blue velvet color, remember the toothpickful of violet paste food color; if forgotten, the cake will bake up turquoise in color. Use paste food color to achieve the royal blue velvet color. If you use liquid or gel food color, your cake color will vary.
It is typically served with a cream cheese-based icing, but you can also make it with a basic, marshmallow icing The violet food coloring will help tone down any green tones in your cake, giving you a nice, royal blue color. This cake tastes even better chilled the next day. Next time I'm going to try to make the frosting without coconut so it's just a basic cream cheese one. You can have Dark Royal Blue Velvet Cake using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Dark Royal Blue Velvet Cake
- It’s 2 cup of AP flour or Cake Flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder(I Used Hershey).
- Prepare 2 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1-2 oz of red or blue food coloring(I used Royal Blue food gel).
- It’s 1 tsp of white distilled vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of hot plain coffee**Optional**.
The melted marshmallows in the frosting aren't too bad either! You can use less blue food coloring and sub the rest with water if you want. My family loves my velvet cake and they are so delicious and moist. Hey guys I'm making a blue velvet cake with buttercream frosting.
Dark Royal Blue Velvet Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside..
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar and vegetable oil..
- Mix in eggs, buttermilk, vanilla, and red or blue food coloring until combined..
- Stir in the coffee and vinegar.
- Combine the wet ingredients w/the dry ingredients a little at a time, just until combined..
- Grease and flour 2 round 9-inch pans w/butter, shortening or flour.
- Pour batter evenly & bake for 30-40 minutes on the middle rack until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean..
- Allow pans to cool on a cooling rack for 30-45 minutes, once slightly cool, slide a knife around the inside to loosen the cake out of the pan..
- Remove cakes from pans and allow them to cool completely!.
- Frost and decorate cakes to your liking!!.
I was inspired by a baking book recipe. With this recipe you can add any food colouring you desire, not just blue. Make social videos in an instant: use custom templates to tell the right story for your business. Post jobs, find pros, and collaborate commission-free in our professional marketplace. Get your team aligned with all the tools you need on one secure, reliable video platform.