Recipe: Tasty Sig's Light Tomato and Shallot Stew
Sig's Light Tomato and Shallot Stew.
You can have Sig's Light Tomato and Shallot Stew using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sig's Light Tomato and Shallot Stew
- You need of shallots, cut into thick rings.
- Prepare of ripe medium to large tomatoes, chopped.
- You need of red peppers, chopped.
- Prepare of elongated new baby potatoes, cut into chunks.
- It’s of vegetable or chicken stock cubes.
- Prepare of small carton passata with basil (tomato sauce).
- Prepare of tube tomato paste or puree.
- You need of chopped sun dried tomatoes chopped.
- It’s of For soup seasoning I use.
- It’s of Freshly chopped or dry ground garlic.
- It’s of Good pinch paprika powder.
- You need of cayenne pepper.
- You need of salt or saltflakes.
- You need of Few sprigs fresh coriander.
- Prepare of You can add either browned off meat or tofu to taste.
- It’s of or try a fish that keeps together rather than flaking apart,.
- You need of add fish towards, the end but add meat at earlier stage.
Sig's Light Tomato and Shallot Stew step by step
- Cut shallots into rings chop the pepper, add a little oil to soften them on a shallow heat. Add the stock cubes and chopped potatoes, add about 250 ml of water. Bubble away for about 10 to 15 minutes..
- In the meantime add flour to your meat or tofu, brown this of slightly..
- Add the browned meat to the stew if using cook for 20 minutes on low heat adding more water if needed as not to burn or for the stew not to set on bottom of pan. Then add all the tomato ingredients, season the soup. Cook until meat is tender. If using fish add this only about 15 or 20 minutes before serving. Remember to add fluid and adjust the seasoning as and how you like it..
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)