Recipe: Yummy chicken picatta
chicken picatta. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
Because I like mine extra-extra creamy. You know, so you have enough sauce for your vegetables, your pasta, or you know, for the crusty bread to sop up all the good bits. Chicken piccata is nothing more than chicken breast cutlets, dredged in flour, browned, and served with a sauce of butter, lemon juice, capers, and either stock or white wine. You can have chicken picatta using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of chicken picatta
- You need 2 lb of chicken or veal cutlets, pounded to 1/4" thick.
- It’s 1/2 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of softened butter, divided.
- You need 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of white wine.
- You need 1 of lemon, sliced paper thin.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of capers, optional.
Easy chicken recipes are my go-to dinner choice. My chicken piccata pasta dish is ready to serve in a half hour. It takes just a few minutes in the oven to bake to tender perfection. —Hannah Williams, Malibu, California Season the chicken breast pieces with salt and pepper and dredge them in flour. Use angel hair to complement the light—but powerful—sauce.
chicken picatta instructions
- heat olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in saucepan..
- season cutlets with salt and pepper. dip each in flour and shake off excess. saute until golden on each side..
- remove cutlets to a plate. pour off most of the pan drippings, leaving only a thin film. add broth and wine and boil briskly for 2 minutes, scraping up brown bits..
- return cutlets to pan and arrange lemon slices over top. cover and simmer on low 10-15 minutes, or until tender..
- transfer cutlets to a heated platter and surround with lemon slices..
- add capers, if using, to pan and boil briskly until reduced to a syrupy glaze. swirl in remaining tablespoon soft butter and lemon juice. pour over cutlets..
Coat chicken with flour mixture, dip in egg substitute mixture, then coat again with flour mixture. Repeat with remaining chicken and oil. The cooking time will depend on the thickness of the cutlet. Chicken Piccata – Giada De Laurentiis. This is a recipe from her weeknight dinner show.