Recipe: Yummy Italian Meringue
You can cook Italian Meringue using 4 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian Meringue
- You need 1 medium of Egg white.
- Prepare 1 of few drops Lemon juice.
- It’s 20 grams of Water.
- It’s 60 grams of Sugar.
Italian Meringue instructions
- Add a few drops of lemon juice to the egg whites (this will help the meringue firm up)..
- Add some water to a pan followed by the sugar and heat over medium heat..
- Once the mixture starts to bubble a little, start to whisk the egg whites..
- Whisk with a hand mixer on a high speed until the mixer leaves a trail in the meringue. Time your whisking to coincide with the boiling of the syrup mixture. Don't stop whisking though..
- Once the syrup reaches 118℃, remove from the heat and dribble into the mixture in thin threads..
- Dribble it in so that it falls between to the 2 blades of the mixer, which should be set to a medium-high speed..
- Once the syrup is in, keep whisking on a high speed until the mixture cools down..
- Once the bottom of the bowl reaches body temperature, it's ready. The peaks of the meringue should hang down a little bit at this point..
- Add the meringue to mousse or if you have some left over, pipe onto a baking tray and bake for 1 hour at 100℃ to get baked meringue..
- For buttercream: Add 50 g unsalted butter to 30 g meringue It can be used for macarons and such..
(Visited 3 times, 1 visits today)