Recipe: Delicious Peanut Butter Pie
Peanut Butter Pie. Peanut butter lovers, these pies are for you! The idea of a peanut butter pie first entered my psyche when I watched The Joy Luck Club. Despite my obsession with peanut butter pie, I didn't actually try it until years later.
If this combination makes you raise your eyebrows, you're not wrong. Things are hard, but unfancy peanut butter pie is not. Pour the melted butter over the top and stir with a fork to combine. You can cook Peanut Butter Pie using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Peanut Butter Pie
- Prepare 2 of baked deep dish pie shells.
- It’s 3/4 cup of creamy peanut butter (for bottom layer).
- Prepare 1 cup of powdered sugar (for bottom layer).
- You need 1/3 cup of cornstarch (for pudding layer).
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar (for pudding layer).
- Prepare 2 cups of milk (for pudding layer).
- You need 3 of egg yolks (for pudding layer).
- You need 3 Tbs. of creamy peanut butter (for pudding layer).
- It’s 1 tsp. of Vanilla (for pudding layer).
- Prepare 2 Tbs. of butter (for pudding layer).
- Prepare 3 of egg whites (for meringue).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar (for meringue).
- It’s 1 Tbs. of vanilla (for meringue).
This decadent and DELICIOUS peanut butter pie has a crisp homemade butter crust, creamy peanut butter filling, lots of whipped cream drizzled with melted. Furtherore, this easy peanut butter pie tastes just rich and creamy as those fancy slices of peanut butter pie that you pay five dollars a piece for at your favorite restaurant! She noted it was like a "peanut butter and chocolate candy bar." We loved the results, and since it makes two peanut butter pies, you can share one with a friend and keep the other for yourself. This Peanut Butter Pie is one of the most incredible desserts I've ever eaten.
Peanut Butter Pie step by step
- Bottom Layer: Use a fork to mash together the peanut butter and powdered sugar until mealy. Sprinkle most of it into the baked pie shells, but reserve a little to sprinkle on the top of the pies..
- Pudding Layer: On the stove, combine cornstarch, sugar, milk, and egg yolks. Whisk over medium high heat until pudding thickens. Remove from heat and add butter, vanilla and peanut butter. Pour pudding into pies..
- Meringue: Whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Mix in the sugar and vanilla. Spread onto the pies and top with reserve peanut butter and powdered sugar crumbles. Bake at 425 degrees for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned. Watch closely so they don't burn. Refrigerate pies for several hours or overnight..
It has a creamy, luscious texture and a rich peanut butter flavor. This recipe is so good that it's almost mean for me to post it. Enjoy peanut butter pie for Thanksgiving ~ if you live too far away ~ here is our recipe just for you! Peanut Butter Pie is an easy no-bake pie with nutter butter crust and fluffy whipped peanut butter and cream cheese filling your whole family will LOVE! This unbelievably creamy Peanut Butter Pie with Peanut Butter Filled Cookie Crust is going to be your new favorite dessert!