Recipe: Yummy Vanilla Ice Cream
Vanilla Ice Cream. Vanilla is the king of ice cream flavors. This version without eggs ('American' or 'Philadelphia-style') has a brighter, more pronounced vanilla flavor. Stir whipping cream and vanilla into milk mixture.
Beat the egg yolks in a medium bowl. French vanilla ice cream is made with a custard base that includes egg yolks. Using egg yolks results in an ice cream with a creamier texture and a more yellow color, in contrast to what's often referred to as Philadelphia-style vanilla ice cream, which does not require a custard base. You can cook Vanilla Ice Cream using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vanilla Ice Cream
- Prepare 1 3/4 cups of heavy cream.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of REAL vanilla extract.
Everyone should have a great recipe for Vanilla Ice Cream in their repertoire. Here's my favorite, which you can serve with anything, from a freshly-baked fruit pie, a warm berry crisp, cherry compote, or simply smothered with dark chocolate sauce or caramel sauce and toasted nuts. It's said that vanilla is the most popular flavor of ice cream. Here's How You Make The Ice Cream In A Bag.
Vanilla Ice Cream step by step
- Mix all ingredients..
- Pour into ice cream maker canister..
- Let churn for 25-45 minutes depending on machine. Takes mine 30 minutes..
- This tastes great. Freezes well, unlike a lot of homemade ice cream. Would be great with chocolate sauce, fresh fruit, brownies, etc..
Pour the milk, vanilla, and sugar into the sandwich size bag. Squeeze as much air as you can out of the baggie, and then seal it shut. Pour the salt on top of the ice, and shake it a bit to disperse the salt. Vanilla ice creams come in more varieties than you might think! It's made with five simple ingredients and turns into such a rich, creamy, delicious and decadent ice cream.