Recipe: Perfect Vanilla ice cream
Vanilla ice cream. Vanilla is the king of ice cream flavors. This version without eggs ('American' or 'Philadelphia-style') has a brighter, more pronounced vanilla flavor. Stir whipping cream and vanilla into milk mixture.
Try our creamy vanilla ice cream, Thomas Jefferson's vanilla ice cream, old-time custard ice cream or homemade frozen custard if you're aiming for ice cream with some thickness to it. French vanilla ice cream is made with a custard base that includes egg yolks. Using egg yolks results in an ice cream with a creamier texture and a more yellow color, in contrast to what's often referred to as Philadelphia-style vanilla ice cream, which does not require a custard base. You can have Vanilla ice cream using 3 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vanilla ice cream
- You need of Ingredients: ½ cup (120ml) milk 1 vanilla bean ½ cup (100gr).
- You need 4 of egg yolks ¼ teaspoon salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) of heavy (whipping) cream.
Everyone should have a great recipe for Vanilla Ice Cream in their repertoire. Here's my favorite, which you can serve with anything, from a freshly-baked fruit pie, a warm berry crisp, cherry compote, or simply smothered with dark chocolate sauce or caramel sauce and toasted nuts. It's said that vanilla is the most popular flavor of ice cream. Here's How You Make The Ice Cream In A Bag.
Vanilla ice cream step by step
- Whisk the cream, milk, sugar, vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Beat the egg yolks in a medium bowl.Slowly whisk 1 cup of the hot cream mixture into the beaten yolks, then pour back into the saucepan, whisking, and return to medium heat..
- Cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until the mixture thickens, coats the spoon and reaches 180 degrees F on a thermometer, 6 to 8 minutes.Remove from the heat and strain the custard through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl or measuring cup; discard the solids. Stir often until the mixture cools to room temperature. Lightly press plastic wrap directly against the surface of the custard to prevent a skin from forming. Chill until cold, about 3 hours..
- (For faster chilling, set the bowl of custard in a bowl of ice water and stir until cold.) Freeze the mixture in an ice cream machine according to the manufacturer's instructions. (Take care not to over-churn the ice cream or it can have a grainy texture.) Place the ice cream.
Pour the milk, vanilla, and sugar into the sandwich size bag. Squeeze as much air as you can out of the baggie, and then seal it shut. Pour the salt on top of the ice, and shake it a bit to disperse the salt. Vanilla ice creams come in more varieties than you might think! It's made with five simple ingredients and turns into such a rich, creamy, delicious and decadent ice cream.