Easiest Way to Prepare Tasty Cream Puffs with French Vanilla Cream Filling
Cream Puffs with French Vanilla Cream Filling. French Vanilla Cream Puffs French vanilla filling dotted with mini chocolate chips is sandwiched in puffy pastry for this elegantly sweet dessert. You could substitute white chocolate or chocolate pudding for the vanilla if you like. This French vanilla cream for cream puff filling is basically a delicious, rich, creamy custard thickened with starch and eggs and usually flavored with vanilla.
The filling is usually vanilla cream, but choux a la crème also have whipped cream and are dusted with confectioner's sugar. Eclairs are usually covered with chocolate or vanilla cream. Fill the cream puffs and replace tops. You can have Cream Puffs with French Vanilla Cream Filling using 18 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cream Puffs with French Vanilla Cream Filling
- Prepare of cream puff shells.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk, any type you have I use 2%.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 4 oz of butter, which is equal to 1/2 cup or 1 stick.
- It’s 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 4 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of granulated sugar.
- It’s of cream puff filling.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 1 cup of milk,any type you have I used 2%.
- Prepare 1 (3.4 ounce) of box French Vanilla instant pudding dry mix. I used Jello brand. If you can not find French vanilla you can substitute with vanilla instant pudding.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s of chocolate glaze.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 8 oz of semi sweet chocolate, chopped (chocolate chips can be used).
- It’s of garnish.
- Prepare of sprinkles or shaved white chocolate depending on season or event!.
In a heavy saucepan, combine glaze ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. The classic is – of course – vanilla pastry cream, which is definitely one of my top favorites. These cream puffs filled with vanilla cream are the most classic version of the French profiteroles.
Cream Puffs with French Vanilla Cream Filling step by step
- Make cream puff shells.
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper..
- In a medium heavy saucepan add water, milk, butter,salt and sugar.Bring to a boil..
- Remove from heat and add flour all at once. Return to low heat and stir vigorously for about 1 minute until it forms a ball. Remove from heat And cool 5 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time and beat until glossy about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons on prepared parchment paper about 2 inches apart..
- Bake sour 20 to 23 minutes until puffed, golden and dry looking. They should sound hollow when lightly tapped. Insert a skewer in each puff to vent. Cool.compeatly on wire rack..
- Make cream puff filling.
- Whip heavy cream in a large chilled bowl until soft peaks form, add vanilla. Keep at soft peaks, it will be whipped more with the pudding.
- Working quickly combine milk and pudding mix..
- Immediately combine pudding/milk mixture with whipped cream, beat until combined and has firm peaks about 1 minute..
- Fill cream puffs.
- With a small sharp knife cut a,small opening I top of puff, remove any soft loose part, if needed, from inside to have a clean hollow middle.
- Pipe or spoon in cream filling to fill puff..
- Replace cream puff top. Refrigerate cream puffs..
- Make chocolate glaze.
- Heat cream just to a simmer, remove from heat add chopped chocolate. Let sit undisturbed for 1 minute then stir until smooth.
- Spoon chocolate glaze over filled cream puffs while warm. Add garnish on warm cnocolate so it sticks. Refrigerate until chocolate is set. Keep and serve chilled.
They are filled with vanilla and rum pastry cream and would make a great dessert to any dinner party and even for upcoming Shavuot. In a heavy saucepan, combine glaze ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Cream puffs filled with simple vanilla whipped cream and covered in a dusting of powdered sugar are a classic dessert. But once you've mastered the recipe for the cream puff shell, it can be customized with all sorts of delicious filling to your heart's desire!