Recipe: Yummy Daikon Radish and Wakame Stem Salad with Sweet Miso
Daikon Radish and Wakame Stem Salad with Sweet Miso. Great recipe for Daikon Radish and Wakame Stem Salad with Sweet Miso. Sweet miso or "sumiso" is a popular Japanese style flavour, which is basically a dressing made with miso and vinegar. For my recipe I have added honey and a little bit of mayonnaise.
Slice into fine julienne (use a mandolin if you have it). Place into a non-reactive bowl and toss with half the salt. Place the daikon in a colander/mesh strainer over a bowl or the sink and sprinkle with salt. You can cook Daikon Radish and Wakame Stem Salad with Sweet Miso using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Daikon Radish and Wakame Stem Salad with Sweet Miso
- You need 100 g of Daikon Radish.
- Prepare 50 g of Wakame (thick stem part).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of miso.
- You need 2 tsp of honey.
- It’s 2 tsp of vinegar (I use rice vinegar).
- Prepare 1 tsp of mayonnaise.
Squeeze out excess water and then rinse well with cold water. Served with cherry tomato over green leaf lettuce and drizzled with miso dressing, this vibrant salad is a delicious change to the usual salads at your dinner table. Surrounded by the ocean, we eat all kinds of seaweeds in Japan. These sea vegetables are used extensively in Japanese cuisine for its health properties and deep unique flavors.
Daikon Radish and Wakame Stem Salad with Sweet Miso instructions
- Wash the wakame and soak in a bowl of water for 30 min to get rid of the salty taste. Then cut into about 5 cm thickness. Slice Daikon radish into about 5mm thick strips..
- Mix the miso, honey, vinegar and mayonnaise to make the dressing..
- Put the radish and wakame stem into a bowl and then pour on the sauce. Mix well and, for best taste, let marinate for a while in the fridge, but can be enjoyed straightaway if you are in a hurry!.
Take the corner off from both sides of the daikon. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the tofu on the pan. Toss with a drizzle of olive oil and generous pinches of salt. All protein in one bowl of homemade udon noodles with chilled bukkake sauce, daikon radish, and grated ginger. Bring the water to a boil over medium heat.