Recipe: Appetizing Bread fruit masala curry kada chakka masala curry
Bread fruit masala curry kada chakka masala curry. -Heat oil in a pan and add curry leaves,then fry the sliced coconut until slightly browned. Saute the whole pearl onions/shallots,crushed garlic and green chillies. -Add the chopped bread fruit to the sauted shallots. Add the ground paste and bring to boil.
Kerala Kadachakka Masala is an yummy curry with succulent bread fruit pieces tastes really nice when served with plain rice. It can also be eaten as a side dish for rotis and parathas too. You can try this Breadfruit Masala curry for a change. heat coconut oil, add chopped ginger, slit green chillies, curry leaves and sliced onions. fry till pink. further add chopped tomatoes and fry till mushy. add chopped breadfruit, turmeric powder, salt and water mix well, close and cook till the breadfruit is cooked and is soft. You can have Bread fruit masala curry kada chakka masala curry using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bread fruit masala curry kada chakka masala curry
- It’s 1 of Bread Fruit.
- You need 1 of Potato optional.
- You need 1 handful of Shallots.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Fennel seeds.
- You need 1 tbsp of Coriander seeds.
- You need 5-6 of dry red chillies.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Coconut.
- It’s To taste of Salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of Coconut Oil.
- You need 1 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of haldi/ Turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garam Masala Powder.
- Prepare as needed of Curry leaves.
- You need 1 of cinnamon stick.
- You need 2 of cloves.
Breadfruit (known as Cheema Chakka or Kadachakka in Malayalam) is a healthy fruit. This curry is a flavourful dish. Cheema chakka is rich in vitamins and nutrients. It is commonly available in Kerala during season.
Bread fruit masala curry kada chakka masala curry instructions
- Peel the fruit and remove the hard part inside. Cut into small pieces and immerse in turmeric and salt water until you finish it..
- Cut one potato into big pieces(optional). Add both the veggies to a pressure cooker with some salt and turmeric. Cook for one whistle and remove the pressure..
- Take a hand full of shallots, coriander seeds, dry red chillies, cumin, Black pepper, cinnamon, fennel and coconut. Dry roast everything and grind to a paste..
- Add the masala to cooked bread fruit and allow to boil for 5-6 minutes. Switch off and keep aside. Now in a pan add coconut oil and add mustard, curry leaves, dry red chillies and sliced shallots. Fry until golden brown and pour it to the masala..
- NOTE : You can use the spice powders instead of whole masala. I have also add some garam masala powder while roasting, for that extra flavour. Adjust the spices according to your taste and preference 😋..
Transfer the kadachakka along with water and the blended thick paste to the second pan and add the garam masala. Bread fruit is a tropical fruit and a nutrient source of starch and Vitamin-B. Kadachakka or Breadfruit Varutharacha curry is an easy to make curry. Yummy curry with succulent bread fruit pieces tastes really nice when served with plain rice. Can be eaten as a side dish for rotis and parathas too.