Recipe: Tasty Deep fried viazi tamu-sweet potatoes
Deep fried viazi tamu-sweet potatoes. Most Kenyans know of Viazi vy Karai. Here is my twist on the same. Here is my twist on the same.
Futari ya viazi vitamu na karanga/boiled sweet potatoes and peanut butter. Oil-free + Yeast-free + Vegan/Vegetarian Recipe. Yes and no, sweet potatoes are seen healthier than regular potatoes because they have beta-carotene and fiber in them. You can have Deep fried viazi tamu-sweet potatoes using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Deep fried viazi tamu-sweet potatoes
- It’s of Leftover boiled potatoes.
- Prepare 3 tbs of all purpose flour.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare of Water to make a paste.
- It’s 1 cup of oil.
These deep fried sweet potato fries have an amazing crunch while retaining the fluffy sweet potato centers you will love. Remove from hot oil and drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with salt or powdered sugar. This gives more surface area to cook them, making them crispy instead of mushy-which tends to happen with this type of potato.
Deep fried viazi tamu-sweet potatoes step by step
- Cut your potatoes into slices.
- Then in a bowl mix all the ingredients except oil, adding water in bits to make a thick paste. Note-not so thick.
- Heat your oil until hot.
- Deep the potatoes in the paste making sure they are well covered in the paste.
- From the paste, deep in the hot oil until they are well cooked i.e golden brown.
- Serve with omelet and thick tea-you can serve with black tea.
You can deep fry your sweet potato fries, but for this recipe I actually prefer to bake them to keep them a little healthier. To make sure the fries turn out extra crispy, cut the sweet potatoes into long sticks that are even in size. Toss the potato sticks in vegetable oil in a large bag to get them coated. Viazi Tamu Mapishi Ya Viazi Tamu Vya Nazi Na Sukari With English Subtitles Sweet Potatoes. Jinsi Ya Kupika Viazi Vya Rojo Rosti La Mbatata Potatoes Curry With Sour Mango Embe Bichi.