Recipe: Yummy Spicy aubergine and mozzarella pasta
Spicy aubergine and mozzarella pasta. This Aubergine and Mozzarella Pasta is a dish I have been making my family for years. This delicious Aubergine and Mozzarella Pasta can be enjoyed on it's own as a quick and simple midweek dinner or it can be enjoyed with a side salad and some garlic bread for a more substantial meal. These stuffed aubergines combine wonderfully with the crisp green beans and chickpeas.
The tasty vegetarian recipe layers up aubergine, cheese This is layered like lasagne but made with aubergine instead of pasta. A quick and easy Aubergine, Mozzarella & Tomato Pasta Bake recipe, from our authentic Italian cuisine collection. You'll combine golden-fried aubergine, rich tomato sauce, pasta and two cheeses to create a truly delicious meal the whole family is sure to love. You can have Spicy aubergine and mozzarella pasta using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy aubergine and mozzarella pasta
- It’s 3 of medium aubergines, diced into 1cm squares.
- You need 1 of medium onion, finely diced.
- Prepare 1 of large red chilli + 1 birds eye chilli (optional!), sliced.
- It’s 2-3 of large garlic cloves, finely diced.
- Prepare 500 ml of tomato passata.
- You need 2 of balls of mozzarella, drained and diced.
- You need of Parmesan.
- It’s of Rapeseed or olive oil.
- You need of Fresh basil (or dried alternative).
Joe is joined by top UK blogger Emily Leary aka A Mummy Too to create delicious Sicilian Pasta with Galbani Mozzarella and aubergine. Ett smaskigt recept på pasta med aubergine, tomat, basilika och mozzarella. När man vill äta gott men inte har så mycket tid. Ett krämigt recept på pasta med aubergine, tomat, basilika och mozzarella.
Spicy aubergine and mozzarella pasta instructions
- In a large frying or saucepan (I use 2 for speed!) drizzle 2-3 tablespoons of oil into each pan and warm on a medium to high heat. Share the aubergines between the 2 pans, and stir so that the aubergines are coated in oil. Season with a little salt and pepper..
- Turn the heat down to medium and fry for 10-15 minutes until the aubergines collapse and are soft rather than spongy. It is worth taking the time to do this and an extra few minutes if needed, as this will give the sauce a creamy, rich texture. This is the principle ingredient so it needs to shine!.
- Once the aubergines are done, set aside and add 2 tablespoons of oil to cook the onion (in 1 pan). Turn the heat down to low-medium so that it can cook slowly for 8 minutes until it becomes translucent and soft. Again. Worth taking the time to do this..
- Add the garlic and chilli and stir in for 2 minutes, then return the aubergines back to the pan. Add the passata to the pan and rinse the box/jar out with a 100-150 ml of water and tip in..
- Season the dish with salt and pepper and tear in 5 or 6 basil leaves (or if you ran out like me use 1-2 tsp of dried thyme/oregano instead). Simmer the sauce on a medium heat for 30 minutes stirring occasionally. If it becomes too thick add a little more water..
- This sauce will happily tick along on the stove as long as you check it isn't sticking. It will be lovely for cooking down. Cook your desired amount of pasta per person (around 75g). Whilst the pasta is cooking add the diced mozzarella to the sauce, stir and turn off the heat. Check the seasoning, add a little more herbs or salt and pepper if needed..
- Drain the pasta, leaving a couple of tablespoons of water in the bottom. Add 2-3 spoonfuls of sauce to the pasta pan (per portion of pasta you have cooked) and stir through. Serve with grated Parmesan on top. Enjoy!.
- This sauce will store in the freezer well for another day too..
Our classic pasta and aubergine with mozzarella recipe is a firm family favourite. Penne Pasta with Aubergine & Mozzarella. Aubergines, tomatoes and Mozzarella are the classic ingredients of any classic Sicilian sauce for pasta, and roasting the tomatoes and aubergines to get them Now drain the pasta, pile it into a warm bowl, spoon the tomato and aubergine mixture over the top and scatter over a few basil leaves. Arrange one third of the garlic-roasted aubergines on top, then spread a third of the remaining passata and half of the mozzarella and basil over them, seasoning well as you do so. Drain the mozzarella, pat dry with kitchen paper, then slice very thinly.