Easiest Way to Make Yummy Bacon Mac and Cheese
Bacon Mac and Cheese. For bacon mac and cheese, you first want to cut bacon into small squares and cook it in a pan. Some of the bacon fat gets mixed with flour, milk and water to make a sauce, and the pasta simmers in the sauce until tender. Add a generous amount of cheddar cheese, and stir in the crispy bacon.
In this cooking video, The Chew host, Chef Michael Symon revamps the traditional mac and cheese recipe into a gourmet grown-up version, enjoyed by all. This is the perfect bacon mac and cheese for those of you who like to enjoy a big bowl for dinner and absolutely nothing else. It's beautifully flavored, creamy, cheesy, and with the smokey bite of crisp salty bacon on top?? You can have Bacon Mac and Cheese using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bacon Mac and Cheese
- It’s 4 strips of bacon.
- Prepare 3 cups of cooked macaroni.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of milk.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt or to taste.
- You need 1/3 cup of shredded Mexican blend or cheddar cheese.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
Oh man, you guys are in for a treat — I'm not even kidding. Bacon Mac and Cheese is a rich and creamy three cheese baked mac and cheese with bacon inside and on top. There are entire restaurants that center around the cheesy, delicious classic and serve it almost exclusively, that's how much people love their Mac. Mac and cheese may seem straightforward, but in an all-star mac, each component is carefully considered and intentionally chosen to build a creamy Then, to kick this mac and cheese up a notch, we add crumbled bacon to the breadcrumb crust and mixed directly into the pasta bake.
Bacon Mac and Cheese step by step
- Cook bacon in air fryer 400F (200C) for about 8 minutes. Let cool on a paper towel to soak up excess fat. Then, roughly chop the bacon..
- In the meantime, in a small pot, melt the butter on the stove-top. Add flour into the pot and stir until the color turned slightly tan. Pour in the milk and bring it to boil then turn the stove off. Add in the salt, onion powder, and cheese. Keep stirring until the cheese melts..
- Lightly grease a cake barrel and set aside..
- Add the cooked pasta and chopped bacon to the pot and mix. Then, transfer the mixture to the cake barrel. Air fry the macaroni and cheese at 400F (200C) for 6-7 minutes until cheese is melted and the surface looks golden brown..
This bacon three-cheese macaroni and cheese recipe with buttery sourdough croutons, crispy bacon, and garlicky onions cooked in a combo of butter, bacon Looking for something simpler? Try one of our amazing recipes below. Or if, you're feeling kinda crazy, check out some of crazier mac & cheese. This recipe for bacon mac and cheese also calls for fire-roasted tomatoes and peppery arugula, so we like to think of it as a fancy, pasta-fied BLT. This super indulgent mac 'n' cheese manages to stay low-carb thanks to one magical ingredient: cauliflower.