Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Bacon Mac and cheese
Bacon Mac and cheese. For bacon mac and cheese, you first want to cut bacon into small squares and cook it in a pan. Some of the bacon fat gets mixed with flour, milk and water to make a sauce, and the pasta simmers in the sauce until tender. Add a generous amount of cheddar cheese, and stir in the crispy bacon.
In this cooking video, The Chew host, Chef Michael Symon revamps the traditional mac and cheese recipe into a gourmet grown-up version, enjoyed by all. This is the perfect bacon mac and cheese for those of you who like to enjoy a big bowl for dinner and absolutely nothing else. It's beautifully flavored, creamy, cheesy, and with the smokey bite of crisp salty bacon on top?? You can have Bacon Mac and cheese using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bacon Mac and cheese
- You need of Noodles of your choice. My favorite is shells.
- You need 4 oz of Velveeta.
- You need 2 cans of chicken broth.
- You need 3 C of grated cheddar cheese. My favorite is sharp Tillamook.
- It’s 1 C of Grated mozzarella.
- It’s of Real bacon bits that are crisp.
Oh man, you guys are in for a treat — I'm not even kidding. Bacon Mac and Cheese is a rich and creamy three cheese baked mac and cheese with bacon inside and on top. There are entire restaurants that center around the cheesy, delicious classic and serve it almost exclusively, that's how much people love their Mac. Mac and cheese may seem straightforward, but in an all-star mac, each component is carefully considered and intentionally chosen to build a creamy Then, to kick this mac and cheese up a notch, we add crumbled bacon to the breadcrumb crust and mixed directly into the pasta bake.
Bacon Mac and cheese instructions
- Cook your noodles. Drain but save most of the pasta water. Do not rinse noodles..
- Arrange all your ingredients close by and pre measured..
- Pour 1 can of broth into large pot. Cut up velveeta and add to the broth. Turn stove top on low and slowly melt the velveeta stirring often..
- Once it is all liquid add 1C cheddar and continue to cook on low stirring often until melted. Add another cup of cheddar and stir until melted..
- Add noodles in about a cup at a time. Add a little pasta water over the top and mix until noodles are completely covered in cheese. Once 1/2 of noodles are added add the last of your cheddar. Keep cooking on low stirring often until everything is smooth again. Add more broth if it gets clumpy. Continue this process until all the noodles are mixed in..
- Mix bacon in a little at a time stirring in between..
- When everything is fully mixed add mozzarella in. It will quickly melt. Remove from heat as soon as it’s mixed. Then serve..
This bacon three-cheese macaroni and cheese recipe with buttery sourdough croutons, crispy bacon, and garlicky onions cooked in a combo of butter, bacon Looking for something simpler? Try one of our amazing recipes below. Or if, you're feeling kinda crazy, check out some of crazier mac & cheese. This recipe for bacon mac and cheese also calls for fire-roasted tomatoes and peppery arugula, so we like to think of it as a fancy, pasta-fied BLT. This super indulgent mac 'n' cheese manages to stay low-carb thanks to one magical ingredient: cauliflower.