Recipe: Delicious Bacon mac and cheese
Bacon mac and cheese. For bacon mac and cheese, you first want to cut bacon into small squares and cook it in a pan. Some of the bacon fat gets mixed with flour, milk and water to make a sauce, and the pasta simmers in the sauce until tender. Add a generous amount of cheddar cheese, and stir in the crispy bacon.
In this cooking video, The Chew host, Chef Michael Symon revamps the traditional mac and cheese recipe into a gourmet grown-up version, enjoyed by all. This is the perfect bacon mac and cheese for those of you who like to enjoy a big bowl for dinner and absolutely nothing else. It's beautifully flavored, creamy, cheesy, and with the smokey bite of crisp salty bacon on top?? You can cook Bacon mac and cheese using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bacon mac and cheese
- It’s 1/2 box of elbow pasta.
- It’s 1/4 c of flour.
- It’s 1 pt of milk.
- Prepare 6 slices of thick cut bacon.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 8 oz of sharp cheddar.
- You need 8 oz of montery jack cheese.
Oh man, you guys are in for a treat — I'm not even kidding. Bacon Mac and Cheese is a rich and creamy three cheese baked mac and cheese with bacon inside and on top. There are entire restaurants that center around the cheesy, delicious classic and serve it almost exclusively, that's how much people love their Mac. Mac and cheese may seem straightforward, but in an all-star mac, each component is carefully considered and intentionally chosen to build a creamy Then, to kick this mac and cheese up a notch, we add crumbled bacon to the breadcrumb crust and mixed directly into the pasta bake.
Bacon mac and cheese instructions
- Heat oven to 425 and cook bacon on cooking sheet for 15m..
- Cook pasta for 4 min. Drain but save 1/4c pasta water..
- Grate cheese and set aside..
- Put flour and milk in jar, close tight then shake until combined..
- Add flour and milk into pasta water on low and stir until mixed..
- Add small handfulls of cheese while stirring..
- After mixture is combined heat on medium low for five minutes, stir occansionally..
- Remove mixture from heat and add pasta then stir well..
- Pour into bake pan then cover with crumbled bacon. Cook for 20 minutes..
- Let cool before serving..
This bacon three-cheese macaroni and cheese recipe with buttery sourdough croutons, crispy bacon, and garlicky onions cooked in a combo of butter, bacon Looking for something simpler? Try one of our amazing recipes below. Or if, you're feeling kinda crazy, check out some of crazier mac & cheese. This recipe for bacon mac and cheese also calls for fire-roasted tomatoes and peppery arugula, so we like to think of it as a fancy, pasta-fied BLT. This super indulgent mac 'n' cheese manages to stay low-carb thanks to one magical ingredient: cauliflower.