Easiest Way to Make Appetizing Sweet Potato Hash Brown Waffles
Sweet Potato Hash Brown Waffles. Compare Prices on Sweet Potato Hash Browns in Home & Garden. Spicy Sweet Potato Hash Brown Waffles Recipe is a delicious take on waffles which you would be delighted to try them at home. There is no need of a waffle batter in this recipe, all you require are eggs, sweet potato and some spice.
For the toppings: Sure, sweet potato hash browns can be cooked in a skillet. But if you have a waffle iron in the back of the cupboard that's not being used for waffles any more, then pull it out. A waffle iron quickly and easily turns shredded sweet potatoes (and regular potatoes ) into hash browns. You can have Sweet Potato Hash Brown Waffles using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Hash Brown Waffles
- It’s 3-4 of medium size sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of small yellow onion, skin removed and grated.
- Prepare 1 of egg, beaten.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil or coconut oil, plus more for greasing waffle iron.
- It’s of Preheat waffle iron on medium-high and grease very well.
Sweet potato hash browns waffles are a delicious and easy breakfast recipe to try. Waffles are all the craze right now and this easy hash brown waffle recipe using curried sweet potato hash browns is made right on a waffle iron. This easy sweet potato hash browns recipe is naturally gluten free! This recipe for sweet potato hash browns is going to change how you breakfast/brunch forever.
Sweet Potato Hash Brown Waffles instructions
- Peel the sweet potatoes and shred them with a cheese grater, or even faster in a food processor..
- Peel and finely chop the onion..
- Mix potatoes and onion..
- Add 1 egg and mix well..
- Add salt and pepper..
- Spread 1/3 of mixture in waffle iron. Close, give a short but firm press, and cook until done, about 5 minutes depending on waffle iron.Remove from waffle iron, and repeat with remaining batter. Re-grease waffle iron between each waffle. Garnish with sour cream or maple syrup..
Not only will you put that seldom-used waffle iron to work, but you'll have the crispiest side dish to serve with eggs or pancakes or whatever. This allows more of the starches in the sweet potato to transform into complex sugars, making the sweet potato flesh both sweeter and softer. This sweet potato hash browns recipe creates crispy, crunchy rounds that are perfect for breakfast or brunch. Thanks to sweet potatoes, they're lighter and more flavorful than regular hash browns.. a Waffle House with sticky counters and greasy floors, Garth Brooks playing on the old jukebox, and me reaching for the salt and smacking the . The waffle iron cooks the hash browns on both sides simultaneously.