Recipe: Yummy Marks smoked barbecue meatloaf
Marks smoked barbecue meatloaf. Add the sweet and smoky flavor of barbecue sauce to this family classic. Serve with baked potatoes and salad to complete the meal. Photo credit: Liren Baker from Kitchen Confidante.
Season well with Plowboys BBQ Bovine Bold Rub. You might also enjoy: Skillet Crown Meatloaf. Your last step is to glaze the top and sides of the smoked meatloaf with bbq sauce. You can have Marks smoked barbecue meatloaf using 9 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Marks smoked barbecue meatloaf
- You need 2 lb of ground chuck.
- Prepare 1 lb of italian sausage.
- It’s 1 small of onion.
- Prepare 1 of orange bell pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of bread crumbs.
- You need 2 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 3/4 cup of ketchup.
- It’s 1/4 cup of milk.
Form this mixture into a loaf and place it in a shallow pan. Stir together the remaining tomato sauce, vinegar, sugar, mustard, Worcestershire and the water (if too thick). Pour this sauce over the meatloaf. All true barbecue finds its origins in cheaper cuts of meat like brisket, ribs, and pork shoulder, so it seems only natural to cook ground meats in the smoker as well.
Marks smoked barbecue meatloaf step by step
- Chop onion, bellpepper and garlic then add rest of ingrediants then mix with ground chuck and sausage with clean hands for a few minutes, when finished take a 6 cup muffin pan and wrap entire pan with aluminum foil then form loaf on top of pan about 3 to 3 1/2 thick, take a knife and poke a hole in each cup on outside edge to collect grease. Smoke at 225 to 250 for 4 hours with hickory wood chips, take it out and cover entire meatloaf with head country barbecue sauce and smoke for another 20 minutes.
Take an American classic like meatloaf and give it a modern twist by cooking it in the smoker (or on a grill set up as a smoker). Mix ground meat, bread crumbs, onion, egg, ½ cup SBR Original Barbecue Sauce, cheese and seasonings in large bowl or stand mixer with paddle attachment. Remove fully cooked meatloaf from the smoker or oven, allow it cool for a couple of minutes in the pan. Visit our retail section, featuring our award winning Bar-B-Q sauces and Mark's Feed Store gift cards – great for birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, or any occasion! We use only the finest quality Pork, Brisket, and Chicken, which is slowly smoked using hickory wood, and then lightly topped with our signature Bar-B.