How to Cook Tasty How to Boil Broccoli
How to Boil Broccoli. Broccoli is a nutrient-rich vegetable from the cabbage family. Nutritionists recommend that you avoid boiling it for too long, since it takes away many of the anti-carcinogenic properties. Boiled broccoli is a great side dish for many entrees including Orange Chicken, Pork Chops, Steak and Baked Chicken Thighs.
You can cook it a lot of ways. It can also make a bunch of recipes truly delightful. The secret is in cooking your broccoli right. You can cook How to Boil Broccoli using 1 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of How to Boil Broccoli
- It’s 1 large of head Broccoli (choose a head with sturdy florets and a thick stem).
But more than that, there are also other factors you may want to take into consideration. Brighten up basic boiled broccoli with lemon wedges. Drain into a colander, transfer to a plate, sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve with lemon wedges. Only boil broccoli as long as it takes to make it tender, then remove it from the hot water.
How to Boil Broccoli instructions
- Wash the broccoli well..
- Cut the florets into large bite-sized pieces. Make some vertical slits into the stems if they are thick. Peel off the tough stringy sections of the main stem and cut the stem vertically into pieces..
- Add 1 cm of water to the pot. First place the stem pieces into the pot, and then place the florets in. Try to make sure that they do not get covered by the water. A small pot is best..
- Cover the pot with a lid and turn the heat to medium. Don't add salt. Once steam is escaping from the lid, lower the heat to low and steam for 2 minutes..
- Stop the heat and let sit while covered for 1 more minute. Remove the lid and drain the water..
- Place the broccoli on a plate and let them cool naturally. Don't rinse with water!.
- This is the method I always use when I'm boiling broccoli that I have picked myself (4 cm thick stem, 18 cm around the head.) This was a pretty big head of broccoli..
- I used an 18 cm pot. Use in various dishes..
You can submerge it in cool water to stop the cooking if needed. Boiled broccoli is more tender than normal broccoli and adds more taste to the vegetable. Obviously, to eat boiled broccoli, you will need to boil broccoli as Simply add the broccoli inside the water and put it on the stove. Then leave the broccoli to boil there. How long should you boil broccoli?