Recipe: Delicious Forgotten Cookies – Vanilla
Forgotten Cookies – Vanilla. Great recipe for Forgotten Cookies – Vanilla. These are also know as "Meringue cookies". These slow baked goodies are often served with desserts to introduce texture.
Add chocolate chips, nuts or raisins if desired. Place in preheated oven and turn heat off.. Stir in vanilla and fold in chocolate chips. You can cook Forgotten Cookies – Vanilla using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Forgotten Cookies – Vanilla
- You need 2 of Egg whites at room temperature.
- Prepare Pinch of Salt.
- It’s 6 – 7 tablespoons of Caster sugar -.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of Vanilla Essence -.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of Cream of Tartar -.
Drop by teaspoonfuls on a lined baking sheet and place in preheated oven. Leave meringues in oven overnight. remove from pan and store in cookie tin lined with paper towel. In a large bowl, beat the vanilla and egg whites with an electric mixer on high until they become foamy. Add cream of tartar and continue beating until soft peaks form.
Forgotten Cookies – Vanilla step by step
- Preheat oven to 120°C. Line baking trays with parchment paper.
- Use an electric mixer to whisk egg whites and salt until soft peaks form. Add the cream of tartar (it helps stabilize the egg whites).
- Gradually add sugar, a tablespoon at a time, whisking well between each addition, until sugar dissolves..
- Once all the sugar has been added, continue to whisk on high until stiff glossy peaks form. Whisk in the vanilla essence..
- Spoon the meringue into a piping bag with a tip of your choice. Pipe small sized meringue cookies onto lined trays..
- Reduce the oven temperature to 100°C..
- Bake meringues for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 mins (Until the cookies turn pale brown). Turn oven off and leave meringues in the oven to cool completely (Caution:Do not open the oven door until the cookies cool completely. Else you will end up with chewy, soggy cookies)..
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week..
Using a spatula, scrape down the side and bottom of the bowl and fold in the chocolate chips. Add salt and sugar and beat a little more. Drop batter by teaspoons on baking sheets. These chocolate chip drop cookies are left overnight, or "forgotten," in the oven. These chocolate chip drop cookies are left overnight, or "forgotten," in the oven.