How to Make Perfect Lobster Mac and Cheese
Lobster Mac and Cheese. How can mac and cheese get any better? I hope you enjoy this easy Lobster Mac and Cheese recipe! Reviews for: Photos of Lobster Mac and Cheese.
Too hard to find fresh lobster in your neck of the woods? Got a craving for MORE mac? Lobster Mac and Cheese is rich, decadent and oh so cheesy! You can have Lobster Mac and Cheese using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lobster Mac and Cheese
- It’s 400 g of Macaroni.
- You need 50 g of Salted Butter.
- It’s 1 l of Full Fat Milk.
- You need 50 g of Plain Flour.
- It’s 160 g of Mature Cheddar.
- It’s 100 g of Grated Parmesan.
- You need 1 (500 g) of Frozen Lobster.
- It’s 50 g of Breadcrumbs.
- It’s 1 of Zest of Lemon.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
Cooked pasta and lobster are tossed in creamy white cheese sauce and baked with a parmesan crumb topping. If for some reason, I should require a "last meal" it would be filet mignon. Lobster Mac and Cheese – one of the most comforting side dish loaded with cheesy goodness, chunks of lobster meat and great flavors for an absolute decadent meal! I still couldn't seem to process until now how my Southern Baked Mac and Cheese recipe has received glowing feedback from you all.
Lobster Mac and Cheese step by step
- Take the lobster and twist the claws off, then use a rolling pin to crack the claws and pick the meat out. Peel the tail, exposing and removing the fleshy meat. Roughly chop all of the meat, then cover and set aside in a bowl in the fridge. Bash all the pieces of shell with the rolling pin to break them up a bit..
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Boil the macaroni in salted water until it has a slight bite (around two minutes less than on the packet instructions), drain and set aside..
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat until foaming, then whisk in the flour to make a sandy paste. Turn down the heat and pour the strained milk into the pan a little at a time, whisking constantly and allowing each addition of milk to be fully absorbed before adding any more..
- Add the chopped lobster meat and cheese. Stir well until the cheese has melted, then season to taste. Tip in the macaroni and stir to coat everything in the sauce..
- Mix the lemon zest together with some seasoning to make the breadcrumb topping, then set aside..
- Tip into an ovenproof baking dish (or six small ones) and top with a sprinkling of grated cheese and the garlic breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 20 mins until golden and bubbling, then allow to cool a little before serving.
This Lobster Mac and Cheese recipe was sponsored by the dairy farm families of New England. Once in a while, everyone deserves a little decadence in their life – and this amazing Lobster Mac and Cheese is just the thing when you are craving cheesy, rich comfort food! Since the only issue was the lobster, and in the end it wasn't even an issue, the rest was a piece of cake! Seriously easy and from what I was told, definitely delicious. If you love lobster… and of course mac n cheese, then this is a must try.