How to Cook Yummy Southwest Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Southwest Stuffed Sweet Potatoes. These southwestern-inspired stuffed sweet potatoes are delicious, simple to make, and healthy all at the same time (something that's hard to achieve!). Baked sweet potatoes are topped with a delicious southwestern mix of black beans, corn, radish, red onion, and cilantro. These Southwest Stuffed Sweet Potatoes make a hearty and filling vegetarian dinner!
It can be everything from breakfast, to dessert, to the star of a soup, to a side dish, to a main course. These Stuffed Sweet Potatoes filled with Southwest flavors including black beans, corn, and diced tomatoes are easy to make, healthy, and made with pantry staples. To prep this meal ahead, bake sweet potatoes, following instructions described in step one; after potatoes have cooked and cooled, store in refrigerator until it's time to make dinner. You can cook Southwest Stuffed Sweet Potatoes using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Southwest Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Prepare 2 lb of Chicken breast.
- Prepare 3 large of Sweet potatoes.
- It’s 1 cup of Broccoli.
- You need 1 cup of Corn.
- It’s 2/3 of Bell pepper.
- It’s 3 of Green onions.
- It’s 1 of Zucchini.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of Mozzarella.
- It’s 1 of as needed Cayenne pepper, paprika, salt & pepper.
A gluten-free and vegetarian recipe for Southwestern Stuffed Sweet Potatoes, topped with a healthy avocado crema made with greek yogurt. Wait a second… this looks a lot like that succotash and avocado crema that was on top of the Southwest Spaghetti Squash. Join Liz Nix, assistant professor of nutrition, in making an easy weeknight sweet potato meal. What exactly are Southwest Stuffed Sweet Potatoes?
Southwest Stuffed Sweet Potatoes instructions
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Heat sweet potatoes in microwave for 10 – 15 mins until soft, place potatoes in oven for 30 – 40 mins.
- Season chicken with seasonings, cook in a nonstick pan and set aside..
- Chop vegetables into small pieces.
- Fry off corn first then add in all other vegetables.
- Remove potatoes from the oven, slice in half and scoop out middles, set aside. Spray empty halves with oil and place back in over for 5 mins.
- In a bowl mix together sweet potatoes and vegetables.
- Remove skins from the oven and fill with vegetable – potato mixture, top with mozzarella and place in oven for a further 8 mins.
- Serve potatoes with chicken in the side and enjoy!.
Delicious sweet potatoes cut in half and grilled until tender. A little like stuffed sweet potato skins only we get to eat all the delicious insides, too. These Southwest-stuffed sweet potato skins prove that you don't need meat to make a great game day recipe. While the potatoes are roasting, prepare the filling: in a large skillet, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until the onions have softened and are beginning to brown.